The 24 Hour RPG Movie Mashup Competition!
If you want a chance to win the £30, here’s what you need to do:
1. Pick just two films from this.
2. West Side Story
4. The Lion King
5. Star Wars
6. The Rocky Horror Picture Show
7. Enter the Dragon
8. A Clockwork Orange
9. Beatle Juice
10. Back to the Future
11. Apocalypse Now
12. Blade Runner
13. Dr. Strangelove
14. Dawn of the Dead
15. Blues Brothers
16. From Dusk till Dawn
17. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (any of the Dollars Trilogy)
18. 2001 a Space Odyssey
19. The Hunt for Red October
21. Mars Attacks
22. One Flew Over the Cuckoo Nest
23. Groundhog Day
24. Little Shop of Horrors
25. Falling Down
26. The Shawshank Redemption
27. Evil Dead
29. The Sound of Music
30. Indiana Jones (any of them except the Crystal Skull)
32. Robin Hood (any of them)
33. The Maltese Falcon
34. Bugsy Malone
35. Home Alone
36. Independence Day
39. Dark City
2. Post on 24 Hour RPG forum which two films you’ve chosen.
3. Spend 24 hours writing a roleplaying game on those two films.
4. Make sure you include an NPC called Keeton in your game.
5. Upload your game to 1KM1KT by 00:00 (GMT) 1st June 2011.
6. Make a thread here on 1KM1KT about your game.
(Optional but we’d like you to, please put 2011 at the start of the topic.)
7. Check back on Saturday 1st of August 2011
…to find out who the winner is, or check here on The Free RPG Blog.
What are the rules?
I want the £30 to pay my D&D habit! What is it judged on?
Poor you! Our panel of monkeys will be judging you on:
- Must include an NPC called Keeton
- Proximity: How close to the two films is it?
- Complete: Is it complete? Could you run it?
- Attractive: Is it attractive to look at?
- Professional: How much effort went into layout and style?
- Extras: Did they include actual cover, index, character sheet or any other cool things you get in a proper RPG?
I’m late to this party!
That’s a shame, we might run another competition soon. If you wrote a 24 hour RPG but didn’t get it in before 00:00 GMT 1st June 2011 then we’d still like to see it.
I want to do it again!
Enjoyed it so much that you want another go? Are you bonkers? Yes? Then please do! Have another go. Enter as many times as you like! I’m not paying for the therapy you might need at the end of it, though. ;)